Sunday, August 28, 2005

Apparently, I'm back from an "Industrial Visit".

That's what the professors at my college called it. On the 18th of this month, we (my mates at college) left for this place called Bangalore, the primary purpose of the visit was to get to know about computer science related companies. We were scheduled to visit four companies, of which we ended up visiting just one - or at least the cafeteria of just one. The guys at Wipro, the company whose cafeteria we visited, said that all other areas of the company were restricted to guests. That's why we ended up visiting just the cafeteria. And the open air theatre. And a conference room where they showed us a small video clip about the company; a promo, basically. But there was something conspicuously missing. Toilets. This was first noticed by a friend of mine who couldn't think of a better blogging pseudonym than Juvenile delinquent. We didn't see any restrooms anywhere. Word spread that even they were restricted to guests...

Anyway, we were at the company only for about 3-4 hours. We had the rest of that day and three others all to ourselves, for we were leaving the place only on the 22nd. We had a nice hotel room, with cable TV, so I got to watch an F1 race after I don't know how long... And what's better, Kimi Raikkonen won the race.

The days were spent eating, window shopping and name-calling. Had real good fun. The return train journey was like icing on the cake, for I took a picture of a forked lighting. I didn't exactly take a digital camera with me for the trip... A friend of mine (allow me to introduce Mr. T) gave his to me for that evening... Here's the photo(click to view full size image):

Forked Lightning

Looks cool, doesn't it?

5 comments:

  1. Industrial tours end up being anything but educational.I get to go to Goa for my industrial trip and no,I don't study tourism engineering..

    ReplyDelete
  2. m a 3rd year engg student from chennai....can i know were u went for ur Idustrial visit....how to approach the companies ...for IV

    regards
    ram mohan
    rammohan_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey how did u get to got to wipro ya.. could u plz help me with that dude.. whom to contact n stuffs,...

    regards,
    varshini
    varshini_r@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai Friends:
    Have you planed for industrial visit just mail me "rvmhss086@gmail.com"to get all arrangements and also this is not a travel agents.I am studing B.E at Kanchipuram.
    Thanking you

    by
    P.Sivaraaj.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey man,dis is sourav frm chennai.cn u plz help me out 2 find some company in goa for our I.V.
    regards
    sourav
    sourav.murarka@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete